Supporting Inclusion of Underrepresented Peoples (SPIN UP) Workshop
We regretfully inform you that due to a lack of interest, SPIN UP has been downsized as part of CUWiP 2019; our apologies. We hope to run local workshops similar to SPIN UP in the future at UCSB.
January 17-18, 2019
Participants must apply separately to SPIN UP @ UCSB! Applications go live on this website on September 3, 2018. You must apply to CUWiP to be eligible for SPIN UP.
Click here to fill out the SPIN UP application! It will remain open until October 12, 2018.
The Supporting Inclusion of Underrepresented Peoples (SPIN UP) Workshop will be held at UCSB on Thursday and Friday, January 17-18. SPIN UP will bring together 30 undergraduates to support the inclusion of students who
- are members of racial and ethnic minorities
- are members of gender and sexual minorities
- have physical, mental, or learning disabilities
- are from low-income backgrounds
- are first-generation college students
- and/or are members of other underrepresented or underserved communities.
We will focus on issues unique to their backgrounds and communities in an intimate, safe environment. It will also provide many opportunities for participants to discuss their experiences and ask questions of mentors with diverse backgrounds.
You do not need to be a member of any of these groups to apply.